Located at the very centre of the famous ‘Mara Triangle’ of the world-renowned Masai Mara National Reserve, the Mara Serena Safari Lodge is the ultimate safari destination. Set high on a bush-cloaked hill with long views over the savannah and down to the winding coils of the hippo-filled Mara River, it stands centre-stage to one of Africa’s most dramatic wildlife arenas, with a ringside seat for the ‘greatest wildlife show on earth’, the legendary migration of the wildebeest.
Styled to echo the circular motif of a traditional Maasai manyatta, our Masai Mara lodge blends international sophistication with raw African beauty, while featuring twin rows of individual rooms, each with its own view of the famous Mara River. The central bar and dining areas enjoy spectacular views, as does the rock-surround swimming pool. Each uniquely-presented room is accommodated in its own stand-alone modular unit, with uninterrupted views, private balcony and spacious seating area. Activities include two daily game drives in custom-built traditional safari vehicles, ‘sundowners’ in the bush, breakfast by the hippo pool, lunch in the wilderness, dinner in the bush, balloon safaris or relaxation and reinvigoration in the panoramic new Maisha Safari Spa and Gym.
World renowned for the breathtaking spectacle of ‘the greatest wildlife show on earth’, the awe inspiring annual migration of the wildebeest, the Mara is Kenya’s most visited protected area. Technically an extension of Tanzania’s renowned Serengeti National Park, the Mara constitutes only 4% of the entire Serengeti ecosystem but its rolling grasslands, meandering rivers and towering escarpments offer one of the world’s most rewarding and evocative wildlife arenas.
Mara Serena Safari Lodge is located within the famous Masai Triangle of the Masai Mara National Reserve, which lies 320 kilometres from Nairobi.
By road: Transfers by road from Nairobi take approximately 5 hours.
By air: Mara Serena Airstrip is 2 kms from the Masai Mara Serena Safari Lodge. ‘Meet and greet’ and transfer services can be provided (Please let us know your arrival time in advance).
- 74 rooms (inclusive 5 family rooms and one suite: all non-smoking)
- Central dining room, internal and external bar
- Swimming pool and sundeck
- Maisha Safari Spa and Gym and extensive range of safari spa treatments
- Gift shop and business centre
- Satellite TV (in communal areas only)
- Free Wi-Fi
- 24-hour on-call medical services
- Conference centre and under-canvas events facilities
- Extensive incentives portfolio
- Baby-sitting, family rooms, children’s dining/menus
- Board games and library of Africana books
- Special dietary needs catered for with advance notification
- Complete wedding planning service and honeymoon portfolio